Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dreams are my REALITY

Sweating, pounding, grinding, echoing, screeching...

It was sordid down under. I couldn’t believe I’ve been to a place bereft of life and happiness. I tried my luck and pushed the button… 1,2,3,4,5…15…30……50…….100 feet below the ground! Legend has it that you can only escape from hell if you perform the given tasks with specifications. Take note: with exact specifications.

We reached the bottom. The elevator slowly opened, giving us a grand entryway.  Amused but terrified. The place was impregnated with awful air. It was some sort of an emergency room and everybody seemed very busy. One lady approached without uttering a word. My instincts told me to follow her. Alas! We found our individual cells. Each was placed in a small cell, like one cubicle in a not-so-stylish restroom, without a toilet bowl, faucet or even a chair to relax your ass with while waiting. I waited impatiently. I was so impatient that I couldn’t help but notice people outside. As I peeked through the windowpane, there was a man with convoluted tattoos holding a huge local knife. I thought he was going to kill me for Christ-sake. Am I going to be next? What strength, power or agility do I have to fight against this hooligan?

With a sigh of relief, the door opened. I expected to see a lot of people just like the moment I arrived in that place. I was wrong, there was no one. I was transported to another world. It was too peaceful, beautiful, magnificent, but lethargic. It didn’t meet my expectation of a battlefield but the creepy thoughts were still playing inside my head. I supposed there were creatures stealthily hiding from the bushes, trees and mountains waiting to devour their precious pawn. I have nothing to defend myself with in case these enemies would attack. No amulets, swords, or magical spells.  Just a hippie girl trying to be courageous.  Then, a piece of paper slowly dropped from the heavens. It was a note from the chieftain of hell:

Task: Capture a pigeon and enjoy your meal!
Time Limit: 24 hours

Whoa! How can I catch a soaring pigeon without tools for hunting?
A brilliant idea hit me. And so I played dead thinking that I can lure the pigeon to eat my flesh on the ground. It was my last resort. I couldn’t think of any profound way to physically immobilize a pigeon. I know pigeons are smart but I still hoped my scheme would work for these birds. I badly need a pigeon in 24 hours. Fortunately, a pigeon went closer to my still body. As it draws nearer, my heart increasingly pounds with inexplicable excitement. I only have one chance. I need to get this done. Time was ticking away.

Seconds later…

Bravo! My flashing hand quickly choked the pigeon’s neck. With no sign of remorse, I killed the poor pigeon. I thought it was over. I remembered the legend. I need to perform the exact specifications. The note said to capture a pigeon and enjoy your meal. But I couldn’t eat a raw pigeon. I can’t take it but I had no choice. I took a bite at the pigeon’s neck. It was nauseatingly bloody. Have I turned into a voracious beast? How could I do such an act?

Then another note dropped from the sky:
You need to eat:  50% raw pigeon or 25% cooked pigeon
Not again! Specs should be followed in order to escape. I decided to create a fire and cook the pigeon just so I could only eat ¼ of the pigeon’s body. I need to do it before my 24-hour limit… before I’d be sucked into the dungeon of oblivion forever.

Sweating, pounding, grinding, echoing, screeching...
Have I escaped? Or have I been forgotten?
Tick tock, tick tock! The clock struck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreams are sometimes simple but oftentimes they’re too hard to understand. There have been a lot of studies conducted about dreams. Why do people dream?  Is dreaming a by-product of the conscious expressed in the unconscious? Dreams that occur during the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep stage tend to be remembered vividly.

I just had a lucid dream and I want to share this because I want to share a part of my unconscious. To let others see what I saw, feel what I felt, perceive what I perceived and interpret what I may fail to interpret. I’m not really a fan of Sigmund Freud, famous for his psychoanalytic theory, but I would just like people to be imaginative and introspective of themselves.  You may never know, interpreting dreams would help you get to know yourself better in the unconscious level.

 Here are possible interpretations to my dream:

Physiological/Physical Sense: I was too hungry, my stomach dictated my brain to find and cook for something out from nowhere.

Cognitive Sense: I absorbed a lot of information from the physical world before I slept and my brain created stories out from those sensory perceptions. I could remember I was reading my sister Julie’s blog about defecating and all sorts of nasty things. I also revisited my old blog and my sister Jackie’s blog about MED life.  I probably created a negative mental aversion about what she’s doing with her cadaver in med school.

Emotional/Psychological Sense: I may still be in constant battle with how life really sucks for the past few months. Death of our grandpa, financial crisis, family crisis, name them all. I’m trying to escape from the responsibilities but I just couldn’t do so. I have to follow orders, exact specifications as expressed in my dream. I want to do something really great to be able to escape and I want to do something outstanding so that people will not forget me. But in my search for greatness, I became nobody. Life doesn’t stop there though. I can be somebody, someday and prove to the world that I am not an animal who can be shooed away. It’s getting too mushy so I’d better stop. ^^

See what dreams can give you? You engage in a deeper understanding of the self. You alone can interpret your dreams more than any other psychoanalytic or psychic person for that matter.  If you have more interpretations to my dream feel free to drop comments! You can also share some of your dreams here so we could help you interpret…^^ 

8 comments:

  1. amazing.. magpost pud nya kog blog about dreams.. the scientific explanation.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure2. please do so...from a medical perspective...^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow..NiiiiCee...Luoya sa pigeon..hehe..may gali kai dli na pud zombies..

    mao guro na ang reason:

    I want to do something really great to be able to escape and I want to do something outstanding so that people will not forget me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ngeeeeeeeeeee...u just copied my own interpretation...hahahahaha..ok fine...comment appreciated nalang..kung di ko mag damgo na nag away ta di jud mucomment...hmpf...>.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe..bongga, sik! Nag-epistaxis ko dah..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. @mauie: should i take it as a compliment? hehehehe..thanx sa comment mau...may gni nasaag paka diri...hehehe..^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..."The note said to capture a pigeon and enjoy your meal"... hhhmmmm.. eating a RAW pigeon!
    know what I'm thinking? ...time will come when you have to do things you don't love doing.. but all you have to do is do it and finish it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sweety faye: wow thanx for the interpretation...highly appreciated...gipaningkamutan jud lagi basa akong taas kaau na post..hehehe..boring mn kaau ni donz..hehehehe..i like people who try to interpret my dreams from a bird's view point...^^

    ReplyDelete

No spamming please. Comments should be relevant to the topic. Off-topic comments will be deleted.