Sunday, February 24, 2013

On Being Sick

If I am to sum up my life in February = SICK! 

It's been ages since I experienced an unbearable pain, fever, headache and nausea. Back in college, I was afflicted with acute bronchitis and now it's pharyngitis. I totally forgot the feeling of being terribly sick until this month. February was no luck for me. I was supposed to enjoy the Chinese New Year prosperity, Valentines LOVE and all the pizzazz this month has to offer but I didn't. Was bed ridden for nearly a week, unproductive, inactive and bored! The disease had taken its toll on me and I desperately wanted it to be over. 

After much reflection, I've come to a conclusion that my body needs rest. Being sick is my body's protest against my abusive habits! I work for more than 15 hours a day, sitting the entire day in front of my PC, working 7 days a week! Such an immobile and sedentary life. Who doesn't get sick with that lifestyle? In half a year, I've grown a bigger belly, developed swollen and tortuous varicose veins, suffered recurring back pains, daily migraine, hyperacidity & many other body pains I refuse to listen to because my brain cells are too busy to care! So there... I'm becoming unhealthy! I have to take good care of my health because this cliche still holds true today -> "HEALTH is WEALTH" Yes, I am earning more than what I need at the expense of my body's condition but if I get a serious health problem, all the money I've worked so hard to get will be put to waste.

Having a sickness is not absolutely negative in itself as it gives you better insight of what needs to be done before it gets even worse. 

Now, I am happy to say that I am fully committed to doing exercise for 15-30 minutes a day. Need to sweat, eat & sleep well before my youth deteriorates faster than normal.

I learned a great deal from this experience, I hope you did too after reading this post!

Looking forward to a healthier and still wealthier MARCH! - birthday is coming! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very well said Cham and so you have given yourself and hopefully others very good advice. Enjoy your health and keep it that way. I am still enjoying mine and a vital part of my health is exercise, good sleep n nutritious foods - still enough time left in day to use pc. You are very smart to realize this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SaucyKod! Thanks for your encouraging words! Glad to know you're enjoying your health too! Thanks for dropping by again! :)

    ReplyDelete

No spamming please. Comments should be relevant to the topic. Off-topic comments will be deleted.