Friday, May 31, 2013

Right to Suffrage

May 13, 2013 - national elections came. Took me approximately 3 hours to wait and fall in line under the scourging heat of the sun. People were agitated and impatient for their turn to vote. Me? Was cheerfully talking to the ones before and after me. I used my special skills in socializing to make people feel less irritated with the system of election our country has. 3 hours seemed like 3 minutes because I killed the time with my jokes, small talks and some amount of positivity. 

I didn't get the chance to take a picture of my finger with an indelible ink this election but my friends and I took this photo when we exercised our right to suffrage back in 2010.


Despite the long hours of waiting, it was still all worth it. After voting, I felt a sense of accomplishment knowing that my one single vote already made a big difference.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Cham - People could take a lesson from you and you are right - if the people do not vote, then they should not complain - then things cannot change. You are a wise young lady. VOTING in numbers makes a difference, but that ONE last vote could make the change. Each and every vote is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Thanks for your wise words there Lily! :)

    ReplyDelete

No spamming please. Comments should be relevant to the topic. Off-topic comments will be deleted.