Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Down in the Dumps :(




I am 80% idealistic, 20% realistic. Like the Pareto principle in a different context.  I work hard to be the ideal person, ideal daughter, ideal sibling, ideal student, ideal teacher, ideal friend, ideal lover... Name all the roles... I strive hard to be that ideal persona but I use a facade to cover the idealism in me. I am a happy-go-lucky, typical girl-next-door but rarely can anyone notice the amount of extremism hidden beneath.

I am deeply saddened by something that I found out. I am an activist as well. but a silent one. I salute this person's ideals and battles til the very end. It was not a useless death - it was noble and worthy of praise. You fought, you died, but you lived it well. Kudos! 

May your story wreck the apathy of this selfie generation...

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Cham - It saddens me that you have to wear a front and not be who you really are. I strove to be all the "ideal" things we are set up ideally in life to be expected of and only when I spent 3 years living in England, thousands of miles away from family and friends, did I become the person I was meant to be, not what everyone ideally expected of me. I became realistic in my thoughts, deeds and actions. I became me. I understand exactly what you are saying - I do. Well stated - whatever deeply saddened you, I feel that sadness that YOU may only feel deep inside YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saucy, it's comforting to know you've been through the same struggle. Glad you were able to get through this "ideal self" crisis at one point in our lives. I'm hoping to be realistic in words and in deeds so I can become ME like you did... :)

    ReplyDelete

No spamming please. Comments should be relevant to the topic. Off-topic comments will be deleted.