Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Teacher's Life



I have not fulfilled my 2013 yearly plan of writing at least 1 blog post per month. But to hell with it. I've been a full time teacher for 1 school year and writing seems to be very impossible at the time.

So much for the justification...

Becoming a full-fledged teacher from being a full time offsite project manager is quite an adjustment. There were a number of challenges that tested my patience, understanding and love for children. There were even times that I kept on crying and whining to the extent of questioning the very reason why I decided to teach. 

Teaching in the Philippines is nothing compared to countries that regard this profession highly like Singapore, Finland, UK, Canada and US, to mention a few. Teachers do so much here... plan lessons, devise activities, teach subjects, incorporate values, compute grades, do paperwork and so much more than what they're supposed to do only to get a meager amount that can't even feed a family. 

Despite the hardships and financial constraints, I'm still proud that at some point in the lives of these children, I became their TEACHER. I may never know the degree of influence I had on them but I would like to believe that I still made a difference. 

To my students, congratulations! You made it to the next level of your student life. I would be more than happy to see you all succeed in life.

4 comments:

  1. Chammy - So very nice to see you back - thank you for the comment. I am most pleased to hear of your teaching position and agree with you. Teach these children as if they were your own and watch them grow, satisfied that you have taught them your best - prepare them for the world and their next year and above all, have fun doing it. Take care my dear and come back more often. Love, Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration Saucy. Glad to hear from you too! You've been so kind as always and it's nice knowing you have a friend from the other side of the planet. :) Take care and Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. teaching is a very noble profession, i hope our government will give more value to our teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Where did you get all the words? haha. So true though. thanks. :)

      Delete

No spamming please. Comments should be relevant to the topic. Off-topic comments will be deleted.